Who are we?
The Association Camerounaise pour le Marketing Social (ACMS), a member of the PSI network, is a non-governmental organization incorporated under Cameroonian law. Its main mission is to improve the social situation of the Cameroonian population in a sustainable and measurable way and to promote the health and prosperity of families. As such, ACMS works in cooperation with the government and its public and private sector partners to provide high quality health programs, reaching all populations in need. For over twenty-five years, ACMS has been providing Cameroonians with comprehensive, evidence-based public health interventions, including programs in reproductive health, malaria, and HIV prevention, among others.
The COVID project, which is recruiting, aims to support the Cameroon Ministry of Public Health and other COVID-19 stakeholders in the implementation of specific activities of the National COVID Immunization Plan. This support will focus primarily on community engagement and demand for COVID-19 vaccine, as well as the roll-out of COVID-19 immunization awareness activities, including outreach and mass campaigns.
Indeed, the COVID Project implemented in the 10 regions of Cameroon aims to strengthen health systems to cope with COVID-19, increase the percentage of people vaccinated against COVID-19 within the target group and reduce re-emergence cases among people aged 18 years and above in the countries that have adopted the Project.
Your Contribution :
- Contribute to the preparation, drafting, implementation and evaluation of communication plans;
- Strengthen communication about COVID 19 and immunization activities in Cameroon;
- Build partner capacity in risk communication and community engagement;
- Ensure the coordination of media coverage of relevant risk communication and community engagement actions following the guidelines of the RCCE Advisor;
- Provide support in the implementation of the vaccine advocacy and demand creation activities defined in the project action plans;
- Assist in the development, implementation of the risk communication plan, community engagement and vaccine demand generation;
- Provide support in the creation of tools, key messages and communication materials for the project;
- Contribution to the establishment of an effective partnership with the media by facilitating exchanges with the latter;
- Develop, maintain and update the media relations contact list and database;
- Establish, document, review and refine the communication process with media contacts, including press conferences and events, publication of media materials;
- Ensure timely and accurate dissemination of information to the media, national committees, and other appropriate audiences;
- Identify, develop, distribute and evaluate a variety of materials in several appropriate formats. Ensure or improve the quality and relevance of communications materials, activities, processes and specific messages to the press, partners and the public;
- Ensure and improve the quality, consistency and relevance of communication materials, activities, processes and specific messages on shared immunization with partners;
- Identify opportunities to build partner capacity on risk communication and community engagement through appropriate training, access to information and knowledge sharing;
- Manage the content of news clippings and broadcasts related to risk communication and vaccine demand creation;
- Facilitate the flow of information to the media;
- Cultivate and strengthen the partnership between the EPIC project and the media; Participate in capacity building of the media in the area of risk communication and community engagement;
- Contribute to documenting good practices and lessons learned in the implementation of project activities;
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Risk Communications and Community Engagement Officer (M/F) who will embody the ACMS values listed below:
- Collaboration: You can work independently but thrive in a team environment.
- Trust: You know that your manager and team will support you and you want to earn that same trust from your teammates.
- Pragmatism: You go for it and maintain your momentum even when things are ambiguous and don't let perfection get in the way of what is enough.
- Honesty: You are not afraid to speak up and say what you think.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable for achieving measurable results.
- Commitment: You are independent and a free thinker, but you are willing to buy into the team's direction and commit to its success.
The Basics :
- Bachelor's degree (BAC+3) in mass communication, journalism, public relations and advertising or related fields;
- Two (02) years of professional experience in social marketing, journalism or communication;
- In lieu of the required degree: Have at least five (05) years of relevant professional experience in the field of social marketing, journalism or communication;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Have a good ability to plan and anticipate potential and emerging obstacles;
- Ability to build strong public relations and team communication skills;
- Have a high level of autonomy at work, but with a strong team spirit;
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision in a multicultural team;
- Demonstrate adaptability, patience, resourcefulness, resilience and flexibility;
- Results-based management skills;
- Be available for regular field assignments.
What would turn us on?
- Familiarity with social marketing and/or NGOs;
- Proficiency in French and/or English and sufficient proficiency in the other language;
- Good command of computer tools and software (Word, Power Point, Excel);
- Passion for public health;
- Experience in international donor reporting, preferably USAID.
How do you put together your application?
- A cover letter;
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV) following the form available for this purpose on the website: http:// www.acms-cm.org;
- Photocopies of required diplomas. A verification of the diplomas will be carried out for the selected candidate;
- Photocopies of the documents that justify the candidate's experience (employment certificate, work certificate, or any other related document).
Complete applications should be sent to: https://jobs.acms-cm.org or CM_recrutement@acms-cm.org
Our employment policy
ACMS is an equitable employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, registration, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, identity, or pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, disabled veteran, military status, or professional status.
ACMS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ACMS reserves the right to recruit at a lower level or on the basis of a modified job profile.
References will be required. The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Key job information:
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
Job level: 9ème category, step C of the tertiary sector II of the National Collective Agreement for Commerce
Job Type: Junior
Status: Local position
Starting date: November 2022
Project end date: May 2023